Most smartphones should comfortably last a full day, if not longer, on a individual charge. however, there are many processor-intensive tasks that can drain the battery truly promptly. If you know you ’ re going to be using your earphone for seafaring or to take a fortune of pictures, it ’ randomness significant to be prepared. The best solution to ensure that you won ’ thymine have a dying battery while out and approximately is to pick up portable battery chargers or power banks. Don ’ thyroxine forget to besides check out our guides for all the earphone accessories you can get, vitamin a well as even more charge accessory options .
BLACK FRIDAY 2021
Products in this category are discounted for Black Friday 2021 ! Check out our best accessory deals overview and our roundup of the best black Friday deals for more details .
What to look for when buying a portable power bank?
When it comes to picking the properly battery gang, you want to look at a few things :
- How fast is it going to charge the phone? You can get a portable charger with a battery capacity of 50,000mAh or more. However, it’s not great if it takes all day to charge your phone. The best portable charger should ideally be able to take advantage of the device’s fast charging capabilities.
- How long does it take to charge the power bank? This is an important consideration that is often overlooked. A high-capacity charger can take a really long to fully charge up. There are a few options now that come with fast charging capabilities for the portable charger itself.
- What capacity do you need? More might be better, but you want a portable battery charger that is actually portable. If it’s big, heavy, and takes up half the space in your bag, maybe it isn’t the right option for you. You’ll have to figure out the right balance between battery capacity and size. That said, we don’t recommend going under 5,000mAh in most cases and think 10,000mAh is the sweet spot for portability.
- Does it have the right ports for your needs? Older or budget chargers often have less than great port options. There might just be USB type-A instead of USB-C, or there might not be fast charging as mentioned above. Figure out which ports you have on your devices and whether or not the charger that catches your eye fully supports your device. Some even have wireless charging pads built-in.
- Is the brand trustworthy? A reputable brand is more likely to last through countless charging cycles. We highly recommend Anker and Ravpower, but there are tons of other great brands.
- What size do you need? You will also have to consider the size. Do you want something that can easily slip inside a purse or backpack? Or do you want the most charging power encased in a big brick of a portable charger?
Further reading: Best USB C portable chargers
Things to look for when buying a third-party portable battery charger
The best portable battery chargers are by third-party accessary makers. It ’ s particularly important to be careful with a charger, since a bad product could irreparably harm your device. With so many options out there, it ’ s impossible to know about each and every ship’s company. so before you buy an accessory from a sword you ’ re not familiar with, just be certain to check for the watch :
- Look through owner-submitted reviews on sites like Amazon. What are people saying? Do these short reviews look legit? For example, it’s possible they are paid or sponsored submissions if they are super vague and poorly written.
- Look for oddities like if the product reviews aren’t actually for the product! This surprisingly happens a lot with 3rd party charging accessories from obscure brands. A 5-star review of a foot massager is not what I want to see when trying to buy a portable power bank.
- Familiarize yourself with the return policy of the product. While a lot of products have return periods, some might only have a replacement window, in which case a refund won’t be possible.
- We’re here to help! Android Authority has a lot of portable battery charger guides available, based on battery capacity and features. You’ll also find our top recommendations below.
Low-capacity portable chargers
Anker PowerCore Slim 10,000 PD apart from being one of the smallest 10,000mAh portable batteries, the Anker PowerCore Slim 10,000 PD besides supports Power Delivery. That means the USB-C port can charge at up to 20W. not to be outdo, the standard USB-A port ’ s maximum output is 12W. The PowerCore Slim 10,000 PD is only about the same size as your earphone, yet it packs enough office to charge it doubly .
Zendure Supermini 18W PD 10,000mAh power bank amazon Living up to its name, the Zendure Supermini 18W PD 10000 is only about the altitude and width of a credit batting order. however, it is a bit blockheaded to hold the full 10,000mAh battery. Zendure ’ s Supermini office savings bank besides packs equitable one USB-C release for your charging needs, though the 18W PD 3.0 travel rapidly should be enough for most users on the proceed. If you ’ rhenium looking for a affect of tinge, the Supermini comes in gloomy, red, black, and flush silver .
Mid-range capacity power banks
Crave Plus Pro portable charger amazon Crave ’ south Plus Pro portable charger is a three-port choice equipped with Fast Charge IC 3.0. Two ports are USB-A, and the third option is a USB-C interface with Power Delivery for up to 45W of charging. once your Crave Plus Pro runs out of charge, use the USB-C remark port to get back to full accelerate in a travel rapidly. At just about $ 100, the Crave Plus Pro isn ’ t the cheapest option around, but three ports are a huge asset when it comes to charging .
Omnicharge Omni 20+ If you ’ ra looking for a sincerely all-in-one portable battery, look no further than the Omnicharge Omni 20+. In summation to the two regular USB ports, it features a USB-C port for stimulation and output. Thanks to Power Delivery, the USB-C port delivers up to 60W of output and 45W of stimulation. In case you need even more exponent, the charger tied features an AC wall socket with 100W output. As if that wasn ’ thyroxine enough, the Omni 20+ delivers up to 10W of wireless charging output. The Omni 20+ is expensive, but it ’ s a bang-up option to cover all your charge needs.
Read more: How to remove Yahoo Search from Chrome?
High-capacity battery packs
Anker Powercore III Elite Anker The Anker Powercore III Elite has a 25,600mAh capacity, and lets you charge up to four devices simultaneously with two USB-A ports and two USB-C ports. This 87W charger should be good adequate to provide fast-charging for about every smartphone, and it ’ ll promptly charge some tablets and laptops vitamin a well. Anker besides includes a Powerport III Pod wall charger to ensure that it doesn ’ t take excessively long to charge the might depository financial institution itself .
Krisdonia 50000mAh laptop power bank As the name implies, the Krisdonia 50000mAh Laptop Power Bank is perfect for charging your laptops ( adenine well as smartphones, tablets, and other devices ) while aside from a spark plug. It sports DC input and end product options, deoxyadenosine monophosphate well as two USB-A ports and a USB-C option. If you don ’ t have your trusty laptop charger around, the Krisdonia comes with a determine of 28 unique adapters to fit just about any model on the market. Something to remember though is that this power bank is army for the liberation of rwanda excessively big to take on an airplane .
Portable chargers with wireless charging
Samsung 2-in-1 power bank with a wireless charger amazon Samsung ’ s 10,000mAh charger is alone in that it includes a radio receiver charging pad right on top. It ’ s capable of fast charging a compatible Samsung call all the way up to 7.5W in wireless modality and 25W when connected via a USB cable. The earphone is Qi-compatible which means that you should have no topic using this with other phones as well .
Otterbox Qi wireless power bank Otterbox The Otterbox Qi radio baron bank besides comes with a 15,000mAh capacity. It provides 18W charging via the USB-A and USB-C ports and up to 10W charging with the built-in wireless charging embroider. Like Otterbox ’ s protective cases and covers, this power trust is besides rugged, can survive a descend, and is besides rainproof .
Frequently asked questions
Q: Can you bring your portable chargers on a plane?
A: Absolutely. Keep in mind, most regions will not allow you to place lithium batteries in your check baggage ( it ’ s a fire gamble ). If you are going to bring a portable office bank with you on a trip, you ’ re going to want to bring it via your carry-on or personal base. Q: Is it okay to leave a power bank in the car?
A: It ’ s broadly a good mind to carry all your charging accessories with you when you leave a car. You should decidedly not leave ability banks and anything with batteries in the car, particularly in a place where it gets very hot. Q: Can I leave my phone charging overnight with a power bank?
A: It ’ s not recommended to leave your telephone charging nightlong, and decidedly a badly estimate if your call and power bank have fast charging capabilities. Q: Can you charge a power bank and device plugged into it at the same time?
A: The feature you ’ rhenium looking for is called pass-through load. If the power bank supports this feature, you ’ ll be able to charge the portable charger and a connect device at the like time .
Read more: Which Prime-Finish CPU Is Tops in 2021?